Sunday, November 21, 2010
FPUSA National Doubles Saturday Sept. 25th 2010 hosted by New York Petanque Club
On Saturday the National Mixed doublet was held at the beautiful new Paul Ricard petanque courts located in Prospect park, Brooklyn. Thanks to a strong contingent from Maine Boules Club, we managed to gather together 20 teams for the contest. 3 games were played in the morning, followed by a lunch provided by one of the club’s sponsors—P’tit Paris.
After lunch, we took 12 teams forward into the concours, with 8 teams going to the consolante. The final was played right into the evening and finished under the lights from nearby lamp posts and car headlights. Such is the chance we take when booking one-day tournaments late in the year. With entry fees and purse incentives, FPUSA was able to give out $1100 dollars in prize money. Not bad for a mixed doublette.
On Sunday it was 2 separate tournaments, the Men’s doubles and the Women’s doubles. The women’s contest fielded 8 solid teams, while on the men’s side 22 teams competed. After lunch, 4 women’s teams and 14 men’s teams moved on to the concours playoffs. There was $900 available to the men and $200 dollars for the women. Of course the first three places in all tournaments received FPUSA medals as well.
Overall, it was a great weekend with a nice turnout. Everyone celebrated the end of the tourney with a complimentary aperitif provided by NYPC sponsor RICARD. Goodbyes were said, and then players disappeared into the New York night.
FPUSA National Mixed Doubles Results: Saturday Sept. 25th 2010
1) Richard “Ti” Meas / Lorissa Rinehart LBNY
2) Yngve Biltsted / Leyla Biltsted LBNY
3) Xavier Thibaud / Holly Sammons NYPC / Willits
4) Diane Bianco / Joe Martin Maine / Portland OR
1) Erin McTaggart / Mike Menefee Willits
2) Alec Stone Sweet / Narin Garrett LBNY / Willits
FPUSA National Womens Doubles Results: Sunday Sept. 26th 2010
1) Cynthia Stroud / Susan Shaw Maine
2) Holly Sammons / Shannon Bowman Lamorinda /Willits
3) Mia Kanazawa / Kate Unkel Maine
4) Narin Garrett / Kate Brideau Willits / LBNY
1) Lorissa Rinehart / Erin McTaggart LBNY / Willits
2) Peggy Matsuda / M. J. Campbell Mann Petanque Mariniere / Maine
FPUSA National Mens Doubles Results: Sunday Sept. 26th 2010
1) Eric Bertin / Xavier Thibaud NYPC
2) Amadou Thiam / Charlie Kossi LBNY
3) Emile Boujeke / Steve Ginsberg LBNY / NYPC
4) Bill Harris / Nick Mullendore NYPC
1) Gilles Ray / Antoine Ray NYPC
2) Jean Pierre Subrenat / Franck Labasse NYPC
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
4) Eric Bertin / Xavier Thibaud
5) Marc Vendrine / Jean Blanchet
6) Bernard Martin / Jean Pierre Hueaud
7) Peter Mathis / Roger Arpaïa
8) Juan Garcia / Mamary Coulibali
1) Art Zuev / Paul Iskin
2) Yngve & Leyla Biltsted
3) Yves Chenette / Pascal Hénault
4) Joseph Hassoune / Jean-Pierre Hemery
1) Jeannot Ruperti / Franck Labasse
2) David Spangenberg / Peggy Matsuda
3) Joel Acchiardi / Joe Drago
4) Stephen Johns / Fernando Triana
1) Robert Pierre / Michel Ribet
2) Jon Claessens / Corey Milliord
3) Andre Strong / Cynthia Stroud
4) Gina DeJoy / Susan Shaw
1) Gilles LaChance / Michel Robechaud
2) Michel Crouzillat / Raymond Fulconais
3) Jean Dagorn / Dan Feaster
4) Armand Lallinec / Jean Birocheaux
1) Daniel Smith / Augustin Vigoureux
2) Howard Ando / Jane Wilkinson
Reported Results by Christophe Chambers. Petanque America.
Sunday, November 07, 2010
Tuesday, November 02, 2010
(click on the graph to enlarge it)
FPUSA membership is experiencing steady and respectable growth, now at over 1500 players, a high mark for the organization, according to FPUSA Secretary, Frank Pipal.
The graph clearly shows that more new players are joining us each year than are being lost to attrition. The number of clubs is increasing also, with a gradual trend toward filling in some areas of the country that have been missing out on how much fun the game of petanque is.
Adding new players, new clubs, and new venues for tournaments are sure ways to keep our organization on track to set new records.
If you are a member of the FPUSA, then you deserve a pat on the back for welcoming these new players and helping us to continue growing! Thank you!